Friday, March 15, 2013

The shampoo & conditioner for misbehaving hair...



My hair is currently going through an ‘in-between stage’. Remember when you were young, and your mum thought it was an awesome idea to take you to the hairdressers so that they could cut you a cute blunt fringe? You’d of course then decide you didn’t like it and be faced having to go through that awkward growing out your fringe stage for the next year.

Well, I’m actually going through a similar situation right now - but instead of dealing with a haphazard fringe (first world problems I know!) I’m dealing with in between-length hair (it’s now sitting just past my shoulders since growing out of a once-upon-a-time bob).

I’m finding now that my hair doesn’t want to do what it’s told. The recent stint of humidity in Sydney has meant that I either have limp strands or frizzy tendrils! So when I was presented with the chance to use bhave’s new Rescue Intense Repair Shampoo and Conditioner ($43.95 each for 300ml), I thought this might be the answer to my hair qualms while I mull over having my hair re-cut to its originally bob, or to continue letting it grow longer.
Both the shampoo and conditioner have a distinct salon scent and this doesn’t surprise me, because the feeling you are left with after using them is of a professional clean. 

bhave Rescue Intense Repair Shampoo boasts “revolutionary replicine functional keratin technology” which basically means the hard working ingredients leave the hair clean, manageable and soft. The keratin proteins are derived from the wool of New Zealand sheep are able to bind to severely damaged hair, rebuild the internal hair structure and restore strength, elasticity and shine. So this shampoo not only cleans, it repairs damage as well as making hair more manageable. Yay!

The conditioner features the same technology but with the addition of antioxidant-rich argan oil and vitamin E to strengthen and nourish hair.

Using these two products directly after the other has helped my hair act normal again. It actually behaves now! I know I still have the same length hair, and I’m wish-washy as to what cut to pick next, but in the mean time these products help my hair flow rather than sit limp – and that’s something any girl who’s indecisive can cheer about! 

SS x

No comments: